As I’m about to head down to lovely Cape Cod for a little vaca, here are some Friday movie musings.
- Next on the Oscar list (in no particular order): Chicago, Gone with the Wind, Cavalcade and the Hurt Locker
- I am finally going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (in Swedish with subtitles) this week
- Toy Story 3 has been getting some really good reviews; I’ve even seen some early Oscar buzz around it. It’s probably gold for best animated feature and might be a contender for Best Picture now that the category is extended to 10 films for the second year.
- The nominations for the 83rd Annual Academy awards are announced in 201 days on January 5th and the awards are given out in a mere 254 days on February 27th. Both of these dates are in 2011, which is weird.
- How excited are you now that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now open? I think I’d give up ice cream and my left arm to apparate there right now (and yes, this is fully indicative of what a dork I am.)
- Ever wonder what the Oscar nomination timeline is like? It’s pretty simple: according to Rules 2 and 3 of the official Academy Awards Rules, a film must open in the previous calendar year, from midnight at the start of January 1 to midnight at the end of December 31.
And those are my movie musings for this lovely Friday! Enjoy the weekend!